1) Listing Features - are good for ‘new listings’ and ‘reduced listing prices’. New listings are listings which have been on the market for 7 days or less. A price reduction is indicated by the orange down arrow. These searches show ONLY those listings that meet the selected criteria.
2) Street# & Street Name - currently must be an EXACT match to the property you want to locate. If you are looking for multiple properties on any one street, the street name must be EXACT including any suffix of St, Dr, etc and be the same as entered in the MLS.
3) City – this is very useful if you are searching an area that is considered it’s own city within our Houston city limits. Some examples would be West University, Bellaire or Piney Point. The results will vary on the way the listing agent has entered the home into the MLS.
4) Zip Code & Legal Subdivision - I consider this to be the best way to search for homes if you know exactly what neighborhood you are interested in. The results tend to be the most comprehensive and accurate. First put in the Zip code and then, once the field is populated, select the corresponding neighborhood you would like to search.
5) MLS Area - broader way to search a geographical ‘area’ based on the HAR Area map
6) School District - represents all school districts within the HAR geographical area
7) Location - Individual locations as defined by the names described
8) Property Type - use to select any combination of property types to conduct a search
9) Property Status - use to select any combination of property status to conduct a search. Log in as a registered user to access specifically identified status data
10) Closed Date - set a range from which closed properties will be displayed
11) Sold Price - set a range from which a price range of closed properties will be displayed
Amenities & More
12) Amenities & Lot Description - Additional specific criteria
13) Finance Available - terms of financing provided by seller, if any
I hope these tips will help. Please Contact Us with any questions pertaining to search.
Jeff Burke | NuHabitat